New Feature – Mini-Deals
What is a Mini-Deal?
Over the past several months we have had a number of requests that have asked the following question: How do I handle additional business opportunities for an existing business relationship or account in Pipeline?
Currently, the way to handle this is to have a new deal page for an additional opportunity; that is, until now with the introduction of Mini-Deals.
Mini-deals are simply a way to add additional business opportunities right onto an existing deal page in your deal notebook.
What are the benefits of a mini-deal?
- It is easier to track all the business with a specific customer or prospect on one of your deal notebook pages.
- So, you at a glance you can see the overall value and potential of sales associated with one of your accounts
- You don’t have to create a deal for every business opportunity and copy redundant information for each deal (e.g. contacts)
- Nice historical record of business opportunities on an existing account for new sales agents taking over a new relationship
Are Mini-Deals useful for all businesses?
Yes, they can be, but mini-deals work especially well for the following business situations:
- You have an existing relationship and plan to sell more products and services to your customer
- You are a manufacturer that sells multiple orders and/ or replenishment types of orders to your prospects and customers
Can I still create a new deal for an new business opportunity for an existing business relationship?
Yes, you don’t have to use mini-deals. There may be situations where you have a large opportunity that you want to manage and track with a new deal notebook page.
How does Mini-Deals impact Pipeline reporting?
All of your Mini-deals will display in your Pipeline reports. Graphs and charts will also display all of your deals and mini-deals.
Mini-deals are only supported for paid plans.