Now Live! Updates to the PipelineDeals Calendar
In the next week we will be launching some very exciting new features for the Calendar. We’ve decided to preview the improved functionality with another blog post and video.
The most important change is a differentiation between how Tasks and Events are handled moving forward.
When adding reminders you will need to choose one or the other.
Tasks are To-Do’s that may nor may not have a due date. Some examples include a Follow Up with someone or a Next Step that needs to be accomplished. These are generally action items that may need to get done tomorrow or someday, but not at a specific time.
Events on the other hand have a specific start and end time and may include a conference call or a sales meeting.
The new features include:
- Tasks and Events – We’ve changed the way appointments and to-dos are defined.
- Events and Duration – The ability to schedule blocks of time.
- Recurring Events – Set up reminders that pop up each month or every week.
- Completed Activities List – Updated UI to support a paginated completed list of events.
- New UI for Calendar – A slick and updated interface.
- Task Assignment on Leads and Contacts – Just like on Deals users will be able to assign Tasks to others below them in the user hierarchy.The new features will still be supported in iCal. This supports the ability to get the PipelineDeals Calendar into Outlook 2007, Apple iCal, or even Gmail Calendar.
Below is a screenshot.
Keep an eye out for these changes very soon!