Ever since we launched people and deal custom fields we have received numerous suggestions to provide these powerful options for Companies too. Well, we listened. We’re excited to announce that the Company Custom Fields are coming soon!
How do they work?
Because these fields are defined by the account administrator, they are the same for every Company and can be made mandatory. Administrators can get started by visiting the Settings Menu > Admin > Company Custom Fields.
Fields can be any of the following types:
1. Numeric fields can be used to capture items such as number of employees, locations, years in
business or other numeric values related to your companies.
2. Text fields are used to capture free form text. For example you could record a stock ticker
symbol, shipping address, or SIC code.
3. Currency fields are used to capture data that have a monetary value. For example, you could
track estimated revenues, market capitalization, or annual sales.
4. Picklist fields allow you to specify a list of predefined values for a user to pick from. Examples:
Industry, Competitors, Territory, or Type.
5. Date fields allow you to capture important dates related to your companies.
Custom fields will display prominently on Company Profile pages, right below the Notes section. That should do it for custom fields across the PipelineDeals application – now get back to selling!
Custom fields will also appear in CSV exports and be available for importing, as long as they are created in your account before you upload a list of Companies.
Keep sending us suggestions!
The team is putting the finishing touches on list views that will support People, Deal and Company Custom fields. As the project matures we’ll be publishing updates here on the blog.