PipelineDeals now integrates with MailChimp!
Have you ever wanted to easily send a monthly newsletter to your customers? How about a quick promotional email to your leads? Odds are the answer to both questions is a resounding “YES!”
With our new integration to MailChimp, using email to get in front of your customers is unbelievably simple. Simply connect your PipelineDeals account to your MailChimp account, and start cultivating relationships and closing more deals.
You can create lists of people you want to mail in PipelineDeals and send them directly to MailChimp with a single click. No more exporting and importing flat files! Even better, you can see your email campaign results from within PipelineDeals. Less than 24 hours after you send an email, the Person Profile page of each person to whom it was sent will be updated, so you can see whether they received it, opened it, or clicked on it.
What is MailChimp?
MailChimp is a leading email newsletter and marketing application. A customer obsessed company (sound familiar?), MailChimp delivers an exceptional experience for their users. The service is completely free for lists with up to 2,000 subscribers. No expiring trials. No contracts. No credit card required. So if you don’t already have an account, sign up now!
How Does the Integration Work?
Now let’s get down to the nuts and bolts. Here’s how you can use PipelineDeals and MailChimp together:
1. Sign up for MailChimp if you don’t already have an account.
2. Visit Settings > Admin > MailChimp in PipelineDeals to connect your account.
3. Create a list in MailChimp.
4. Lists created in MailChimp will appear in the Admin tool in PipelineDeals. As you use them, you’ll also be able to see how many subscribers are in each list and how many campaigns you’ve sent. Admins can also define a primary list that new people created in PipelineDeals will be sent to.
5. Visit the People tab to add subscribers to an existing list in MailChimp. Select the specific People you want to send to MailChimp using the checkboxes on the left side of the page. Then click Perform actions on selected people. Finally, choose the list you want to send the proposed subscribers to.
6. Visit the Dashboard in MailChimp and build your first campaign.
Email blasts can be sent instantly or scheduled at your convenience. As subscribers open emails and click on links, the results of your campaign will be relayed to PipelineDeals. When you review a Person’s profile page in PipelineDeals, the MailChimp widget will show you reporting results. That way, you’ll know whether or not they have opened your mail before you follow up with a phone call.
A Few Important Notes
As with any integration, there are a details we want to make sure you understand:
1. Your PipelineDeals Account Admin will need to set opt in and welcome email preferences before a list can be used.
2. If a new list has been created in MailChimp, your Account Administrator can refresh your exporting options by clicking Settings > Admin > Integrations > MailChimp > Your MailChimp Lists > Update my lists from MailChimp!
3. Email campaign subject lines will appear instantly in PipelineDeals for the People to whom they apply. However, Opens, Clicks and Un-Sub reporting can take up to 24 hours before updating in PipelineDeals
That’s it! We hope you find this new integration a welcome addition to PipelineDeals. Thanks for all the suggestions and recommendations this past year. We look forward to hearing what you think.