Live from Accelerate Sales – Marylou Tyler
1:05 We’re live again from the Hyatt at Olive 8 with Marylou Tyler, co-author of Predictable Revenue, here with her keynote entitled, “Create Predictable Profits (by launching a proven prospecting framework)”.
1:10 She’s already made us stand up and she’s changed out her high heels for tennis shoes, I wonder what she’s up to?
1:13 Marylou is getting us to think about what keeps companies from getting leads into the pipeline.
1:17 Common Sales Pipeline Frustrations:
- Ramp too slow
- Inaccurate forecasting
- Poor sales time utilization
- Inconsistent revenue growth
- Limited visibility into account penetration
1:20 Three big lessons from earlier frameworks:
- Know the value of a lead. Not all leads are created equal.
- Specialize your sales roles. No one person can cover every aspect of sales. Break up the roles as much as possible to allow for successful execution of specialized roles.
- Create a sales process with quantifiable metrics. Hard to measure success along multiple fronts without rulers for each front.
1:24 Different kinds of Leads have different value, but all three coexist:
- Referral/Word of mouth programs. Lowest volume but highest value.
- Website/Marketing Programs. Widest net, least likely to provide value.
- Targeted/Direct Programs. Highest possibility of success, requires research.
1:30 Analyze SWOT of your product: Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats. Assess the landscape. Do this to begin to “systematically uncover why you are fascinating.” Answer for your customers:
- Why Change?
- Why Now?
- Why Me?
1:33 The product is not the message. The message is, “Here’s how we can help you.”
1:36 “Never let your reps write an email that says ‘just checking in’ – that’s death to this framework.”
1:42 Touch the lead 6-9 times using authentic, engaging content that has little to do with the sell.
1:49 Use internal referral questions as a way to get a conversation started. “I have a quick question…?” “Who can I talk to about…?” Do not make these about sales.
1:51 Natural ability is not as important as skills, and skills are not as important as behavior for a successful sales person.
1:53 A meaningful conversation is one that moves a prospect forward in the pipeline, or one that moves them out. The importance is on movement – “just checking in” and unanswered emails are not as important to track as meaningful conversations.
2:00 Thank you, Marylou Tyler, for joining us today and sharing your expertise about lead generation and qualification!